Personnel in this position will work closely with coworkers, clients, and the public providing an abundance of knowledge in arboriculture through written reports, visual aids, and potential participation in training sessions. The job is a combination of field and office work, the induvial will be responsible for producing professional quality reports based on their observations, assessments, and data gathered on site. As a Subject Matter Expert in the field of arboriculture, they are a valuable resource to our clients, staff, and third parties.
A Consulting Arborist will have a variety of tasks to perform daily, varying by the work acquired through the sales and consulting team. The main priorities are to perform field work, tree inventories, tree risk assessments, advise on the preservation of trees, prepare written reports, liaise information to clients, assist with consulting and training sales, and demonstrate a high level of competency and adherence to ANSI Standards, ISA Best Management Practices and Code of Ethics, and company safety policies and procedures. This role includes mentoring those who have career paths in consulting, training, and furthering a career in arboriculture.
- Perform tree resource inventories and management plans.
- Perform impact evaluations.
- Perform development impact appraisals, and produce tree preservation and tree replacement plans.
- Perform tree valuations.
- Perform tree risk assessments.
- Safely operate and gather data with equipment such as an Urban Forest Metrix®, Airspade®, AirKnife®, TreeRadar® and Resistograph®.
- Ascend trees to perform aerial inspections, obtain observations/data, with experience in performing all duties as a climbing arborist.
- Prepare written reports on all aspects of arboricultural consulting.
- Create detailed visual aids to accompany reports, using photo editing programs, Adobe software and computer-aided drafting systems such as CADD.
- Present data gathered in a comprehensible manner, specific to the intended audience.
- Understand, interpret and apply knowledge of municipal tree bylaws.
- Follow, abide, and lead by example in all safety policies and procedures established by ANSI Z133 and BC Plant Health Care.
- Support Safety & Training staff in the continuous improvement of company and industry safety standards through.
- Participate in safety meetings and encourage safe work practices to all staff.
- Must be an ISA Certified Arborist and have current ISA TRAQ qualification.
- Must have at minimum (3) three years of comprehensive arboricultural experience.
- Must possess a Class 5 Drivers Licence with Air Brakes Endorsement and without serious contraventions, able to drive company vehicles including trucks.
- Must be proficient in digital photography.
- CADD experience or education is strongly recommended.
- Have knowledge and familiarity of competitors within local demographics, marketing campaigns and sales materials to meet and exceed the industry standards of report writing with a strong emphasis for on-site consulting, tree risk assessment, land use and development, and tree management plans.
Knowledge, Skills & Other Attributes:
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proactive approach to personal & career growth.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Professional and persuasive written communication.
- High attention to detail & accuracy.
- Result-focused work ethic.
- Collaborative & supportive of team members.
- Sensitivity to deadlines & time management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with clients.
- Flexible with extended hours of work.
- Ability to delegate, prioritize and multi-task.
- Able to lead & motivate others, set positive examples.
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office and CADD software/similar systems.
- Adheres to & promotes strong safety-focused company culture.
- Can vary depending on consulting projects acquired by sales and consulting team. Outdoor work sites can vary throughout BC Lower Mainland and beyond.
- Work time is split between field work gathering data and office time preparing reports.
- Physical fitness is an asset and ability to safely ascend trees may be necessary for jobs.
- $64,000 – $68,000 annually, depending on experience.
- Self Directed Benefits Package
- Employee Carpool Program
- Medical & Dental
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Safety Allowance
- Life, AD&D, & Critical Illness Insurance Education/Professional Development Allowance
We thank all those who apply, however, only those requested for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your cover letter and resume stating the position you are applying for in the subject line.